Glass Bottom Games
Based in Denver, CO
Feb 20 2015 (on Steam)
You’re the Private Investigator on a string of grisly murders, scouring for clues in a 3D side-scrolling world. Grab your fedora and revolver - in Hot Tin Roof you’re on the case! Dive into a noir mystery and become Emma Jones, the only PI partnered to a cat named Franky.
Hot Tin Roof was at PAX Prime in 2013. We launched a Kickstarter around that time, which did really well: http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/meganfox/527742363. Then we got Greenlit: http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=169342477. We showed again at Comicon and then at PAX Prime 2014, and the booth was wall to wall people. So that was cool! Now we're releasing!
- Noir as fuck.
- Metroidvania-ish gameplay in a side-scrolling 3D world.
- Instead of acquiring abilities, you acquire new revolver rounds (but none that can kill).
- Scour the world for clues! Use them in conversations to unlock secrets, doors and more.
- Cats. More cats than you could shake a cat at. Also, pigeons and rats. Having spats.
- Kickin' chip noir jazz soundtrack.
Release Teaser Trailer YouTube
Logo & Icon
- "I have fallen deeply, irrevocably in love"
- Ben Barrett, Rock Paper Shotgun
- "A Clever Noir Platformer... Co-Starring A Cat"
- Jason Schreier, Kotaku
- "... often so hilarious that you’ll want to burst into tears with laughter"
- Clovis L. Dye, Jr., iFanzine
- "Hot Tin Roof promises to change the way we think about classic noir"
- Stephen Heller, HYPER Magazine (print)
Request Press Copy
Please fill in your e-mail address below and we'll get back to you as soon as a press copy is available for you.
Alternatively, you can always request a press copy by sending us a quick email.
About Glass Bottom Games
Glass Bottom Games LLC is a Denver-based independent developer of video games for desktop and mobile devices. It was founded by industry veterans in 2011, with Lisa Foster on production, Megan Fox on tech, and Dennis Dryden on art. Our focus? We create exciting, new player-centric worlds where interactivity, exploration, and choice matter. These days, we’re kind of a loosely knit collaborative group. Only a few of us are full-time, and some of us have ventures going outside of Glass Bottom Games. We come together as project scope and our interests coincide.
More information on Glass Bottom Games, our logo & relevant media are available here.
Hot Tin Roof Credits
Programming and Design
Concept and Promotional Art
Music and Sound Effects
Voice Actress (for Emma Jones)
Design, Music, Sound Effects